Monday, May 5, 2014

The Dragons of Chiril by Donita K. Paul


With her father having been missing for 15 years, Tipper has been keeping her family going by selling off the art he left behind. His sudden reappearance is less than joyful however, and soon a journey to find 3 statues she sold of years prior ensues. Tipper, her father, and a group of unlikely characters band together in search of the statues, realizing without them the world will fall apart.

I’m not sure how I feel about this book. It’s definitely one that is hard to describe without revealing too much detail or plot. I found it to be well written in the sense of flow and word choice, and the characters were likeable enough. Donita Paul has a talent for developing a well rounded cast of characters as well as a interesting plotline. I suppose it just wasn’t my type of story. I found it to be rushed at points, as if Paul was trying to hurry through the details to get on with the plot and whenever authors do that I often find myself confused. Sure, they understand entirely what’s going on, its their story, but the reader needs those added details to keep up. Maybe it was just me, but the last hundred pages or so seemed out of nowhere. Where was the build up? The little clues throughout the story that all tied up at the end?

To me, this novel was a ho hum kind of story. It wasn’t  a horrible novel, but I won’t go out and get the next book to continue the series.



I was graciously given a copy of this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review, but was in no way compelled to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment